Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, July 25, 2008

How Many Berries Does It Take to Make a Child Explode?

I took the girls to Columbia Farms on Sauvie Island to go berry picking today. By myself. And, oh my God, the berries!! The girls were mostly tolerant, if not actually productive - although Maggie picked up on the "they don't charge you for what you eat in the field" notion immediately. She was like a little Joey Chestnut in the aisle. Although we had an entire half-flat, she kept asking if she was going to be able to have any of them when we got home.

Now, I just need to figure out what to do with all of the berries in, oh say, the next 12 hours before they start to get mushy and attract little bugs. Jay and I are mostly fine doing like Mags and Ellie and just gorging ourselves straight from the little cardboard containers, but it's ALOT of berries. I'll let you know what happens...




No comments: