Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, April 7, 2008

Well, I Did Once Taste a Liv-a-Snap

Today we are making cupcakes for Farley (the dog's) 14th(!) birthday because we need a reason to party and dress up the pets. After all, what are children and pets for if not to do such things - or is that the stay-at-home-mom talking? Do people who get out in the world more often find more sane creative things to do?

Anyway, the only place in our pantry to store my behemoth KitchenAid mixer is the very top shelf. The requires positioning a kitchen chair, putting on good rubber-soled shoes (slippers), establishing a 5-foot all-clear zone so as not to put children in harm's way, saying a silent prayer to the kitchen and parenting gods and slowly lowering the machine to the counter. While I was poised on the chair, mixer precariously balanced on my shoulder, I noticed that Ellie had breached the all-clear zone and grabbed the bucket and gallon container that Jay uses to feed the dingoes from atop the big plastic dog food container below me. In the time it took me to unshoulder the mixer and grab the feeding implements from her chubby little hands, she had poured some excess water from the gallon container into the "food bucket," moistened up some of the crumbly dog food detritus and lifted the canine leftovers like a chalice to her rosy lips. I do believe that as I swiped the purple bucket away that I heard a little, "mmm mmm!"

No comments: