Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, April 7, 2008

La Camara esta Muerta

Perhaps because I have already scoped out the new camera that I want and have been talking regularly about it without taking care to cover our existing camera's ears, said existing camera decided not to respond positively to the CPR I tried to perform after it was mistakenly dropped by a 3-year-old onto the hardwood floor this afternoon.

Maybe it's because I have this new camera in my sights, or because we were all caught up in the magic of the dog's birthday celebration or maybe just because it's damn hard lately to keep the camera away from Mags all the time... For whatever reason, she was taking pictures of me cleaning up green frosting off the rug (where Farley had left it after licking it off the dog bone we put on top of his cupcake), and she accidently, with no malice aforethought, dropped the clunker. I can still retrieve the images on it, but the lens no longer goes in (it is stuck in the out position), it makes a lame beeping noise and it flashes a little "E18" on a black screen (as if to explain itself) - which I can only assume is the error message of death among Canon point-and-shoots.

No comments: