Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, April 28, 2008

How to send chills down the spines of friends without toddlers

Ellie's room, sometime this morning, from her perspective:

"Hmm, I know I have poop in my diaper, but it feels a little different than usual. I wonder what's going on down there..."

"...Oh! I know! I'll just stick my hand down there in the back just... like... this... Wait a second... YUCK!"

"Wow, what the *^$! is that on my hand??? If I can just wipe if off with the other one... Oh no, there's poop on my sheet now, too... and both hands... and my little pillow!"

"...Well, this sucks. What to do? Mom doesn't know I'm awake yet. Hmm... Let me think... I'm just having trouble clearing my head over this... and the smell... it's kinda distracting..."

"...Gosh, I always do my best thinking when I put ONE THUMB IN MY MOUTH AND MY OTHER HAND IN MY HAIR!!! Why didn't I think of that sooner??? I hope I don't get too much of this poop on my face..... Oh, yeah! If I cry loudly enough, I bet Mom will come in and take care of things. WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA, MAMAMAMAMA!!!!!"

(Edited to incorporate her father's feedback: "Of course she knows what's down there. It obviously had to do with all of the chili she's been eating." As her mother, I have to admit that this is 100% true. The girl loves her chili, and clearly has Jay connected the dots accurately. Pretty insightful there, Husband. Good job.)

2 comments:

portlandgirl said...

Oh Ellie bear!!!

That must have been quite an amazing morning....

Sometimes things just go from bad to worse...hang in there baby girl.

Erica

Gina said...

Ooooh, that also sends chills down the spine of a friend WITH a toddler! LOL