Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Varkenshaas

Here is a recipe for pork tenderloin in mustard sauce that is easy and really good. Try it with some potatoes and maybe roasted asparagus. The leftovers are tasty the next day, too. (I know this because at Freddie's you can get a dozen different modestly-sized, preseasoned, adulterated pork tenderloins. BUT, if you want a plain old pork tenderloin that you're going to season yourself - which is totally easy, you almost always have to buy a piece of meat that looks like it came from a gigantic prehistoric wild boar.) I have just been sitting here trying to concentrate on work and the word "Varkenshaas" keeps going through my head - honestly. Sad, no? I must be hungry. Hopefully by posting this, it'll get it out of my head - kind of like when your mind is racing in the middle of the night and it helps to turn on the light and make a list of all the things running through your head so you can just clear out the noggin and get to sleep. Does anyone else do that? I used to - back when I had enough brain cells firing in the wee hours to allow random thoughts to keep me awake. Now that I've got kids, usually, I have so few brain waves splashing around by the time I go to bed, nothing keeps me up.

Seriously, I can't think of anything else that's as fun to say as it is to eat. Try it: VARKENSHAAS. VARKENSHAAS. VARKENSHAAS.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oooh, I have a pork tenderloin w/mustard sauce recipe that I need to send you. It's easy peasy and tastes sooo good!!