Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How Swede...


Today I drove to IKEA for a Hovet mirror for the exercise room. It is tall and unwieldy and in the directions, which are packed inside the wrapper which I removed when I got home is a little picture instructing a cartoon man not to try to carry it by himself. But, I manhandled it alone anyway, hoisted it up into Blue (our old Ford F150) and drove it carefully back across the Columbia River to our house. While I was there, I also treated myself to the $5.99 salmon lunch and a piece of cake. I am feeling so in love with IKEA and all things Swedish right now, that I need to share a game that I just found and played. Because my blood is running blue and yellow today, I need to let you know that I scored a 7 out of 10 and was ranked as a "Swedish furniture god." Here's an interesting article on the big blue box from BusinessWeek, in case you are feeling the need for your own IKEA fix. I will add actual pictures of the mirror once it is up on the wall. We are very close to done with that one room of the outbuilding, and it is kind of exciting...

No comments: