Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, April 7, 2008

Thanh Thao Delight

Yesterday I had lunch in Portland with my two old friends - Erica and Thanh Thao. We were joined by Jay and the girls and Erica's husband Tim. Back in the good old Laurelhurst/Hawthorne days, Erica lived across the hall from me and Thanh Thao was an easy walk. You know how sometimes when you go out to eat, you want to try something new? Kind of take your tastebuds on a little adventure? I'm all for that, but not at Thanh Thao. Thanh Thao ain't fancy - it's like a favorite sweater - all about familiarity and comfort. So it's always as follows: for me, harkening back to my vegetarian days, Thanh Thao Delight - a scrumptious creation of veggies and tofu and sauce... Jay gets the beef Pad Thai, extra spicy. Erica and Tim get an appetizer and split the Sizzling Rice Soup. Period. And amen to that.





No comments: