Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, August 25, 2008

That Looks Like My Papa!!!


























I have discovered a fundamental difference between Jay and me. I would be happy with a finite and easily-accessible music library - for example, an iTunes library that I can view and navigate without a hassle - or even - although I know how archaic this sounds - a bunch of CD's located in one place in their cases so I can see what I've got and browse the whole thing just by looking. Based on my observations, Jay is out to be master of a much larger chunk of the musical universe than I am. In his quest, I guess he asked his dad to bring down a large portion of his classical musical library for Jay to borrow/copy to wherever it is that we save such things.

So, Joe brought down boxes of CD's. Jay sorted them into piles of wheat and chaff - and then didn't think to put the chaff pile out of Maggie's reach. At the top of the pile was one "Please Play a Polka" by The Magic Organ. Although The Magic Organ could be a name for an edgy alternative band, there is not actually meant to be any phallic undertone here. No, this CD was produced by "Ranwood Records, Inc. - A Welk Record Group Company." As in Lawrence Welk.

Maggie saw that CD, swooped it up, and exclaimed: "That Looks Like My Papa! Look, Mama!" Sometimes it's twisted and fun to see an actual image that illustrates just how our children view us. Hopefully, if Jay ever loses her in a mall or something, she'll find a friendly security guard and describe her father as a cheerful pink-belted pirate with a puffy shirt who enjoys a good organ polka. Shouldn't be hard at all to track him down that way.

In case you've ever wondered: Organ polkas + Young children = Hours of fun.

1 comment:

portlandgirl said...

This is hilarious! Although, you know - it kind of looks like Jay...really, Maggies right.

Love me some Ploka!