Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Manliest of Mantools

For the modest sum of $80, my husband was able to spend two days burning off his excess testosterone with an impressive piece of equipment dubbed the Billy Goat Outback Brush Cutter (check out the video on "mowing obstacles" on the website). He could have rented it for a few hours or even just for one day, but he went for the whole weekend adventure. Thankfully, we do not have a small yard, or we would probably have no standing vegetation left.

He was able to carve out a "campsite" in the big trees which I am especially psyched about - somehow satisfying a childhood desire I never knew I had to be able to camp in my own yard. Then, he took out the blackberries between the trees out back - and I'm not sure what all else. I know that the neighbor-men were sufficiently impressed and it was enjoyable enough that we have begun envisioning an annual "Billy Goat Weekend." The thing's got too much potential for destruction to consider having it on the property more frequently than once a year.



No comments: