Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Blueberry could Kick your Blueberry's Ass

Take a look at these. I picked 10 3/4 pounds of them in a little over an hour yesterday morning. I didn't bring my iPod headphones, so I got to listen to the buzz of other people's kids saying, "I have to pee." "I'm hungry." "That little girl was mean to me." It's remarkable how pleasant it is to hear the children of other people as they go about their daily whining... My angels were at KinderCare, and I was all alone - in the Blueberry Zone. Sneaking into the tiny nooks and crannies under the bushes to get the Big Ones that standing adults never see. And I was richly rewarded, my friends. My goal is to freeze them in little baggies so we can partake in the dead of winter. Good thing I have so many, because I have no restraint, and my daughters are following my lead. At least it's blueberries and not gigantic bags of Cheetos. (Sorry, nice folks at Frito Lay.)

Which reminds me of when I was pregnant with Mags and we had Frito Lay for a client. One of the last business trips I took was down there to Texas to work with their customer service folks. Let me tell you, they were the nicest people you'd ever want to meet - Gave me a little impromptu baby shower and embarassed me with gifts including little Chester Cheetah onesies, which I gracefully accepted without so much as saying, "My Baby's gonna know about Bobby Banana and Polly Pepper Waaaaaayyyy before I introduce her to your slick orange feline, sisters." But, yeah, they're really nice down there at Frito Lay.

No comments: