Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Laurelwood Public House

On Friday, the girls and I had lunch with Jay near his work at the Laurelwood Public House on NW Kearney. It was one of the best dining out experiences I have had since having children, and the food had very little to do with it. It was hot on Friday, and we had walked up to the restaurant, driven by the desire to have a cold one in the middle of the day. We have been there with the girls before and sat outside, which is lovely, but Jay wanted A/C and it didn't take much convincing. So, we went inside and the server said the most lovely words I have heard in eons: "Do you want to sit upstairs near the play area so the kids can entertain themselves?" Whaaaat?!?! A place where I can drink a beer and my kids can play right next to me? I don't have to tie them to the table leg? And - NOBODY else was up there. It was as if we had rented the top floor, complete with balcony, for ourselves - or like we were sitting at our kitchen table having a beer - except SOMEONE WAS WAITING ON US. Yes, the food was fine. The beer was icy cold. The kids ate. The sun was shining. Aaaahhh.... This is how Fridays should be.

No comments: