Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, May 23, 2008

Because who has time to nurture stuff?



Here is our insta-garden direct from Fred Meyer. Last weekend when the weather was sunny and hot, I decided we really did need a little garden, so I bought one: tomatoes, basil, green beans, cucumbers, thyme, chives, strawberries and spaghetti squash. We may still buy broccoli somewhere. I remember back in the olden days when the garden used to be a source of pride for us - Just for proof, here are a few pictures from August 2003.




I'm sure that someday we'll raise it back up from the ashes. I think next year we'll give the girls a bed or two and see what happens.

Of course, now that we tilled up a bed and planted everything, it's rainy and cold again. At least we haven't had to remember to water.

No comments: