Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dooce Deserved Matt or Meredith

Heather Armstrong/Dooce/Blogging Idol was on the Today Show today - Here's the link. I never watch AM television, but I knew it was coming so I caught it online. They had her stuck talking to Hoda Kotb and (for the love of God) Kathie Lee Gifford, who, for some reason, has been resurrected and put back on TV.

Kathie Lee, who admits to being scared of computers in general - let alone blogs - is a curious choice as an interviewer for the segment, and I especially appreciated where she told Dooce she was uncomfortable with the idea of putting information about one's children on the internet. Umm, okay. Because what measures did Kathie Lee take to protect her children during their delicate and often embarrassing formative years? Oh, right... She talked about them EVERY MORNING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. It was a long time ago, but please. Kathie Lee, can we spell "hypocrite"?

2 comments:

portlandgirl said...

Hi Collbear,

Heather looks awesome...she is awesome. Kathie Lee is a real wanker......I totally agree with you....remember Cody this and Cody that for what seemed like FOREVER!!! I love that Heather B. is on the Today Show...such a riot. She did deserve Matt Lauer!!

Erica

Gina said...

I agree that Dooce deserved Matt (wooties...btw, I pumped in his dressing room when I was in NYC for an iVillage meeting 2 years ago) or Meredith. Not big on Hoda. And WTF, Kathie Lee was on there?! AND said that she was uncomfortable with putting info about her kids on the internet? Yeah, because Live with Regis & Kathie Lee was sooooo much less 'public'. Give me a flipping break. Hate that woman.