Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Maggie and the Moon

We have a routine that must be followed before I leave to go teach Jazzercise at night. First, everyone must have kisses and hugs - and Maggie must see each kiss and hug actually happen or I must give a second kiss and hug to the person in question. Then, Mags must open the door for me and yell into the night, "BYE BYE, MAMA! I LOVE YOU! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I yell back that I love her, too, and wish her a happy new year as well. It works for us.

Tonight, as I was finishing up kissing Ellie, Maggie went ahead and opened the door into the very dark, clear night. "Mama! Oooh! Look at the moon! It's so beautiful!" Instead of muttering, "Yep it is" and rushing out the door, I actually glance up at it, and holy crap, Mags has spotted a full-on lunar eclipse. She notices and questions EVERYTHING in her little world - Often I find this somewhat trying and annoying, but tonight, I think it's wonderful and very special.

No comments: