Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fine day to get started


Why bother starting this thing? Because I can, I guess. I have years of journal entries in a document ingeniously called "journal" on my C drive - and password protected (password: journal). God forbid my computer ever crashes and makes that big ole Word document disappear. Recently, I've started adding some photos to said Word document, making it more of a behemoth than it ever has been - and perhaps, putting it more at risk. So, since I have this (possibly misplaced) belief that if it is in a blog, it is forever preserved somewhere in the ether, here I go.

Here's the skinny on me. I'm 39. I have two cute kids - one is 3 (Maggie) the other is 19 months (Ellie). Husband = Jay. I work two part-time jobs from home - designing training programs and delivering them online. One company deals with call centers (out of NJ), the other provides web/audio conferencing services (out of Portland, OR). The Portland boss used to be a client at the NJ job, so there is alot of history with both. I am truly lucky because each is very flexible, so I can keep the kids in KinderCare three days a week and have them with me the other two. I live in Washington state, just north of the Oregon border, but I am originally from NJ. I may still have some east coast toughness in me, or it could just be something I imagine I have to make me feel stronger than I actually am. I am an only child, which is most of the reason why I chose to have two children. However, as an only child with two children, I often have no idea how to break the connection between my eyeballs so that one can focus on one moving target while the other remains locked on the other. I teach Jazzercise - which is huge for me, and (if I may say so), I am in rockin' good shape - and no, we don't wear leotards, for the love of God.

Today's slice of life: Today Mags took my container of 50 state quarters out of my desk drawer. Upon retrieving it and taking it into the bedroom, I looked through the quarters that had accumulated on my closet shelf and happened to find – yes – a Michigan quarter! Such a ridiculous cause for dancing around in my pajamas, I know… but I have been looking for so long! Then, I went through Jay’s change jar and found the remaining 2007 quarters I had yet to collect. Now, I am only missing the 2008 quarters, which may not even be in circulation yet. I am so cool. I also believe I have located all of the various pictures on my computer and am in the process of waiting while they all transfer themselves over into the same massive folder. I have renamed most of the sub-folders so they are kind of descriptive and have even found the pictures from Halloween 2005 which contain possibly the cutest picture ever of Ellie (actually, maybe the cutest picture of any baby anywhere - see above). Update on the Burgermeister Meisterberger Rule at KinderCare (the new "no toys from home" edict) – Apparently toys brought specifically for naptime cuddling are acceptable. Pocketsful of matchbox cars are not. Funny, that’s not how the big sign on the front door with the fat circle with the line through it comes across. Glad I asked.

No comments: