Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heading East

Early in the AM, I'm leaving on a flight bound for one of my favorite places on earth (she said, smiling)- Newark International Airport. Where it really does smell a bit and strange almost-certainly-petroleum-based gunk that mere wipers cannot budge has been known to accumulate and cling to car windshields. I believe I have a lifelong right to actually reveal such things because I am actually from New Jersey, and I have first-hand experience with the window gunk. I know that the entire state gets a bad rap because people drive down the Turnpike or fly into Newark on their way to other places and notice that it's kind of like a stinky armpit right in that little area - and I am probably a little bit of a sell-out for trashing even the smallest corner of Jersey here. I love New Jersey. Really I do. It is truly lovely in many ways, but that area by the airport... Not so much.

I will head directly into NYC to work for a few days, stay with Sister-in-Law Leslie there and then head out to bucolic Sussex County for a weekend with the folks.

No comments: