Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Giving New Meaning to Walking to Work

Keep in mind that "walking to work" for me usually entails sliding on the old bunny slippers and shuffling from the bedroom to the kitchen for coffee and off to the home office off the great room.

Last Thursday, Leslie and I followed this approximate route from point A to point B. (Two important exceptions - 1. the exact starting point has been modified a bit to keep from revealing her address and 2. although Google maps won't let me show it, we walked on the paths through the park). After spending the day with my client at Point B, I walked to Point C to meet Dan (Leslie's husband) at his office. We then walked to Point D to meet up with Leslie for dinner.


View Larger Map

No wonder my ass hurt the next day... But it was a good hurt. The city really does seem a little smaller when you cross it on foot, and a week with the (wonderful) East Coast Food "Carb-o-Rama" and without Jazzercise or Rugrat Chasing needed a little something to keep the metabolism in check.

Speaking of dinner at Point D. We went to The Holy Basil. Finding a Thai place to love can be dicey, but when Leslie spoke of this one, it was with a sparkle in her eye that told of a long-standing love, so I knew it would be good. It was really wonderful - and the place had a little, well, a lot - more atmosphere than our old fave Thanh Thao in Portland... Leslie and I both had the Thai Salad (yum, peanut dressing) and the chicken Kang Ped (red curry) - can't go wrong with coconut milk. I have no idea what Dan ate - I was too busy shoveling my own food into my pie hole to look across the table to see. Mmm...

No comments: