Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, June 27, 2008

Caesar



Introducing our new scrap metal Guard Rooster, Caesar. He now watches over the roost, and woe to all who dare to tussle with his steely sharp comb. I am teaching the girls that every time we pull into the driveway and get out of the car that they must say, "Hail, Caesar!" I realize that hearing that particular welcome will eventually grate on my nerves, at which point Caesar will have to be relocated, but for now, it's working for me.

We acquired Caesar at Found Objects in McMinville, having seen him tethered to the leg of a rusty arbor on the sidewalk Sunday night after our winery tour. Oddly, Jay and I were both drawn to him and agreed that we were willing to plunk down the exorbitant price on his little cardboard tag. (I'm sure the wine played no part in our decision.) We stuck around town until the store opened the next day and threw him in the back of the Vibe for the trip north. I expect that the rooster next door has checked him out and has started spending his days in the chicken house quivering, having realized that he is no match for Rooster of Steel.

No comments: