Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's not like they're asking for her eye tooth

Mags had another failed attempt at the dentist today. Jay took her, since last time she was so miserable when I took her - curling up in my lap and refusing to turn toward the dental person, let alone pry open her lips. When he got in the car to pick her up at KinderCare and take her in, he said something like, "Yeah, this is never gonna work..." And, it didn't.

They apparently offered up a referral to a pediatric dentist which Jay refused saying something like, "it's not you, it's her..." Tonight, she promised me that if I took her to a dentist where they only worked with kids that she'd cooperate. Either I am the optimist in our family or just the mom, but I think I'm going to go for it. (I picked Ellie up at KinderCare while Jay took Mags. Before we got home, I called and got the scoop on how it had gone. I briefly considered pulling over and getting Ellie a wealth of treasures and going home to tell Maggie that I had taken Ellie to the dentist - and look at all the presents she got there... but I thought the better of setting that precedent.) Ah, someday she'll be a teenager and we'll have other problems. We'll get her to the dentist someday. Maybe even the orthodontist. It'll be great.

No comments: