Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Are you Willy Wonka?

Mags and Jay were watching Willy Wonka before bed. Jay starts singing along.

Mags: "Papa, are you Willy Wonka?"

Jay: "Well, no..."

Mags: "Then STOP SINGING."

Because this fits right in with what we call "wit" and "humor" at our house, Jay saw fit to tell me about it. I told him that last night the conversation had gone like this:

Me: "Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out....!!!"

Mags: "Mama, are you Dolly Levi?"

Me: "No, Darlin'."

Mags: "Then STOP SINGING."

Sometimes she's kind of like the John Lithgow preacher man in Footloose. No singing. No dancing. Good thing she's not the boss of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL. My kid want to use that line they just haven't thought of it yet. Phaedra just covers my lips and screams NOOOO when I sing. I try not to take it personally. stever r.