Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, October 31, 2008

The "Glasses" Half-Empty

On our last day of vacation, Ellie put her little glasses down on the sidewalk, and following along behind her, I stepped on them and broke them. We had been planning to exchange the glasses for a different pair - even though we loved them, they slid down her nose constantly. So, we went today to choose a pair with adjustable "nose pads" or whatever they're called. Tonight we went back to pick them up. After having them painstakingly fitted by the friendly LensCrafters guy, she proceeded to break them in the car on the way home. Not to be over-dramatic or anything, but that kind of crap sends me over the edge into Mean Mommy territory. She was skating on thin ice until at bedtime, she spit her toothpaste into the sink for the first time for me (oh, the milestones we celebrate here...) and then sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with her angelic little voice while looking me right in the eye. Then, she polished off bedtime with her new secret weapon - She told me she loves me. Yeah, we'll get the glasses fixed.

No comments: