Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh, Buddy!



















Sunday afternoon, Jay came around the corner of the house and said, "Hey, Babe. Do you wanna have some fun?"

"...but, Jay, the girls are here..."

"No, I mean do you wanna dig a really big hole? I'll watch the girls."

And, there you have an offer that no sensible girl in her right mind could EVER refuse. Seriously. I don't know how I got through so many years of living without operating some relatively heavy machinery because I'm tellin' you - It's (insert expletive for emphasis here)-in' awesome.

Now, you may wonder why we wanted to dig a really big hole. The short answer (and really the only one that's necessary) is because we had the chance to. Oscar from next door finally came through on the excavator to dig out the trenches for the water/sewer lines for the outbuilding. He did that part of the work because it actually required the fine motor skills of a brain surgeon. Then, he agreed to leave the machine here for a few hours so we could have some fun. We dug a hole just so we could shove some brush in and fill it up. Jay tore out a few tree stumps like the Incredible Hulk and Yeti combined. I only wish we had an old rusty beater car that we could have interred. If you can zoom in, look at my face in this picture. That is the goofy look that was plastered on there even as rivulets of sweat dripped down my torso and my ass went numb. There's just something I can't explain about it... If my husband could offer up an excavator as foreplay every day, we'd be the copulation champions of Clark County.

No comments: