Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lunch!!

It's not very often that I enjoy my lunch so much I run and grab the camera (unlike my dear friend Erica). But today, it was really good and I want to remember it for all eternity and share it with the world.

I have recently started allowing myself a little indulgence at Costco: Foster Farms pre-grilled chicken strips. Yes, we could cook our own supply of chicken for quick use, but we would never do such a thing regularly. And, having the chicken on hand actually encourages me to eat more veggies and to eat at home rather than run out and get something. And another Costco find - the large resealable container of feta cheese. Today, I grabbed both of them and some organic spinach and some pre-cut mushrooms (again, lazy but effective). I ran to the garden and picked some teeny tiny cherry tomatoes and some lemon basil. I sauteed a clove of garlic in olive oil (then removed it), added a small amount of finely chopped onion and let it sautee for a minute before adding the mushrooms, the chicken and some chopped red bell pepper. Then, I tossed in the tomatoes (whole), the basil, the spinach... Covered it all, let it cook on medium for a few minutes, turned off the heat, sprinkled on the feta and let it sit for a bit, spooned it onto my plate and ate it with a few mini pitas...

Lots of good stuff, low carb, relatively low fat - and so yummy I had to post.

No comments: