Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rainbows and Potty "Humor"

Yesterday was one of those days where the sun shines crisply and the next thing you know the puffy gray rain clouds roll in and let loose with ten minutes of rain and then the sky clears up. This almost always results in a plump rainbow off the east side of our house. At one point, the rain was coming down while the sun was out in the yard, so I called Maggie outside to look at the sky.

I let her sit on the banister of the porch while I hugged her around the waist from behind to keep her from falling. As we looked for the rainbow, she snuggled back into me, and I gave her a squeeze. She looked up at me and asked, "Mama, can we just stay like this forever?"

Me: "That would be nice wouldn't it?" (I plant a little kiss on top of her adorable blonde head.)

Mags: "Mama, what if you had pee pee on your head?! Ha ha ha!!! That would be gross!" Yep. And then the moment was over.

1 comment:

portlandgirl said...

You girls are sweet and silly at the same time!