Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the picture of Ellie and me from the previous post before you read this. Get her ridiculously adorable silly smile in your head before proceeding.

Okay - go ahead...

This morning, I was full of Good-Mom-ness. I had plans for us for the day. We would do art. We would bake cookies. We would eat a nutritious lunch together. There would be bath time and story time and my little angels would snuggle down happily into nap time with nary a whimper.

It was about 9 AM and we were square in the middle of art time. The art tablecloth was spread, paints abounded, papers were being filled with the tangible results of my genius-daughters' imaginations. Ellie, smiling sweetly, looked up at me and proclaimed, "Mama, YOU SUCK!"

"What did you say?"

"Mama, YOU SUCK!" (Smiling.)

In horror, I realize that I am both speechless AND running to grab the video camera. I turn it on.

"Ellie, dare I ask you to say what you just said before?"

"What? Flowers!! Princesses! I'm a princess!! I do painting!"

"Yes, but what else did you just say?"

"I don't know."

I turn the camera off.

..."Mama, YOU SUCK! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!"

I called Jay and told him the story. He said, "Is this funny?" "No, of course it's not. I don't think so, but kind of funny in a this-better-not-happen-again kind of way..." "Yeah, that's what I thought."

No comments: