Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, February 13, 2009

6-Word Memoirs

I read a little thing on the Powells Books blog, and it caught my eye. Now, whenever I have a free moment, I'm writing 6-Word Memoirs - or if not exactly "memoirs," then at least little summaries of my day. It's very Facebook, but instead of pithy little status updates... Colleen is: staring at the computer as the girls pull out the cat's claws one by one. Colleen is: dancing the Macarena with the dog... it's more like a haiku for the day. Or the hour. Or the mood. Try it, what'cha got?

Friday: KinderCare has borrowed the noise.

Cold fingers - Hot tea? Red wine?

My hair: messy. My brain: tired.

What will we have for dinner?

What, another homework assignment? No way.

Rancid dog farts. Well, he's old.

...wow, those are a little dark. Maybe I'll try more after that glass of wine...

No comments: