Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Top Ten List #2: The Big 4-0



Okay, it's not so bad. Jay asked what I wanted, and I said to get my hair colored (haven't gotten around to that) and to see my dear friend Erica - who lives so close, but so far away in Portland. I got my annual ice cream cake - which is always so tasty, although I had made it clear (albeit to Mags) that I really wanted a homemade carrot cake. I also asked for a surprise party, but I suppose that's a bit contradictory. I was actually afraid I might wake up miserable, but the best cure for that is Jazzercise. At my Friday morning class, I brought one of the girls' tiaras to wear and we had a small little snack after class. My friend Jen brought balloons and some fruit, and a very kind couple brought me a potent lavender sachet (which is currently scenting my entire closet). On Saturday morning (the actual big day) I went to AM Jazzercise at the middle school. I am lucky in that Saturday morning Jazzercise is an instant estrogen party. It was packed, there was singing and well wishes and even a goofy birthday princess headband.

Later, Erica and Tim came up and we drank champagne and then all went to Pizzeria 360. Erica gave me a beautiful bunch of flowers - including the one in the photo, and we have planned a spa getaway day in PDX. Jay got me an online subscription to the NY Times Crossword. And then bedtime came and the next day dawned and so on and so on and... here we are.

No comments: