Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Finishing off the Damn Top Ten List - #9 and #10

(photo from the OBT website)

#9 on the Top Ten List was supposed to be a long description of the logistical nightmare it was getting Maggie to the OBT Nutcracker in the ridiculous snowfest before Christmas, but that was long ago, and I want to get this blog back into the present day. So, I vote for just saying "bygones!" and letting it go. Suffice it to say the adventure involved exchanging tickets for a less treacherous day, stuffing my family into a pickup truck as if we were circus clowns, bribing ushers at the Keller auditorium, streetcars, very fancy dresses, long walks on icy sidewalks, and even a certain person in my beloved circle of relatives peeing in public on a Portland thoroughfare. That, and the realization that the first act of The Nutcracker is really pretty boring - It's not good until the snow falls and the Sugar Plum Fairy gets her groove on. Okay, enough of that until next year.

#10 was supposed to be about all of my favorite gifts from the holidays. I think I'll just save those posts for individual ones at later dates as I've got time. I'm desperate to get back into real time on this blog. So, goodbye, Top Ten list. Hello, February.

No comments: