Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, March 3, 2008

Blick (at KinderCare), and Broccoli

I planned to send the kids to KinderCare today and (seriously) take the day off and wander around IKEA for a few hours. Crazy, I know... We have to pay for the week even though we were only going to be able to send them on Tuesday because of our trip, so I figured what was the harm in making up one of the days and indulging myself a little. So, 9:00 rolls around and as we stroll through the door, I notice that there is a sign that says, "We have a stomach virus making its rounds through the center. If your child complains of a tummy ache, please take him home." And yet, we push forward. When we enter Ellie's room, we are smacked in the face by the smell of bleach. Ms Kim said, "If you don't have to leave Ellie today... I wouldn't." So, quick change of plans to avoid leaving the little one in the epicenter of gastrointestinal distress... Needless to say, Ellie's only good for about an hour in IKEA, but having her with me almost certainly saved us money. Then she sat through lunch at the Cafe with Jazzercise Sue and now is enjoying a nice long nap. She is a barrel of laughs, and it's nice to spend the day with her without having to deal with the Center of the Universe (aka, her older sister).

Ellie is at the cusp of a language explosion - I feel it in my bones. She will repeat just about any word you say to her, and she'll point out everything pretty well in her picture books. But, most amusing is her new word of the week - BROCCOLI! (If you want the quick version of the video, skip ahead until about 1:04 and prepare to be amazed...)

No comments: