Just one girl trying to not to drop anything too important...

Monday, November 10, 2008

Molokai - Day Eight (Friday)



Note from Col: Morning trip to 20 Mile Beach (so named because it's at the 20 mile marker) down the road (our house is about halfway past marker 18). Ellie actually waded in the waves, and Jay got to do some good snorkeling.




I went into Kanaka... "Town" to get some supplies and look for some sort of souvenirs - I had in my head that I wanted to get some fabric to bring home to Jerri in the hopes that she can replicate the bedspreads they have here for all of us. So, I went to Imamura's store - after waiting around for the woman to get back from lunch and reopen and got fabric enough to do a queen, full and toddler bedspread (assuming Mags will move to a big girl bed at Christmastime). I'll take lots of pictures of the bedspread here to show Jerri. Hopefully, she'll be game. Mags actually saw the fabrics, and miracle of miracles, she expressed her love for the fabric I got for her and not one of the others. She keeps asking for "her purple thing" but I've got it all on the top shelf in our closet.


Spent a good amount of time at the beach out back this afternoon since there was no napping going on. The skies were cloudy off and on and threatening rain, but you know what happens in that kind of weather? Yep, rainbows. Not bad. And, Mags found a pet coconut to carry around. Every day we hear the song, "Gonna wash that man right out of my hair..." at least 20 times (from each girl). Usually, they use water in their act, but today Ellie decided to use sand instead.





Since the kids took no nap at all, by dinner everyone was cranky and I was stressed out (yes) because they were sitting here at the breakfast bar whining for drinks and yogurt and what have you while I was trying to cook spaghetti in a race against time before they passed out. Jay and I decided that it was in our best interest to split the girls up and sleep in different rooms with them in an attempt to get a good night's sleep. Very romantic.
The lost/last puzzle piece was found, the puzzle was completed and it has been put away. I'm glad we did it, glad we finished it and glad it is out of my sight.

No comments: